After a divorce, the non-custodial parent is generally required to pay child support. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. If the parents have joint custody of the children, the parent who earns more money may be required to pay child support to the other parent. In some cases, the custodial parent may be ordered to pay child support to the non-custodial parent.

The amount of child support that is paid each month is based on a number of factors, including the income of both parents and the number of children involved. The court will also consider the needs of the children when determining the amount of child support that must be paid.

If you are facing a child support dispute, it is important to speak with an experienced family law attorney for fathers. The attorneys at our law firm can help you understand your rights and obligations under the law. We can also help you negotiate a fair child support agreement with your ex-spouse. Contact us today for a free consultation.

Do I Have To Pay Child Support If We Have 50/50 Custody?

In California, the answer is generally yes. Child support is typically calculated based on the incomes of both parents, the number of children, and the amount of time each parent has custody. Even if you share physical custody equally, one parent will usually still be designated as the “custodial” parent for child support purposes.

If you have questions about how much child support you may owe or are entitled to receive, you should speak to an experienced child support attorney. Every case is different, so your situation may yield different results. That is why it is important to contact a child support lawyer of your own.

Can a Child Support Attorney Help?

A child support attorney can help you in a number of ways. First, an attorney can help you determine how much child support you may owe or be entitled to receive. Second, if you and the other parent cannot agree on a child support amount, an attorney can represent you in court and argue for the amount of support that is in the best interests of your child.

Third, a child support lawyer can also help you enforce a child support order if the other parent is not paying. If the other parent is behind on payments, an attorney can help you file a motion with the court to have wage garnishment ordered or take other enforcement actions.

Which Child Support Lawyer Should I Hire?

If you have any questions about child support, please do not hesitate to contact an experienced child support lawyer. Our team of lawyers are here to help you and your family get through this difficult time. We offer free consultations, so please call us today to schedule an appointment. Reach out to our fathers’ rights law office today to get the support you need by calling (951) 482-7517.